Civil Fees

The Sheriff’s fees are set by State law, Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 21.300, or by county ordinance. The following fees are effective as of July, 1, 2021.

We accept Cash (exact amount), Checks made out to the Clatsop County Sheriff's Office, and Debit/Credit Cards (All debit/credit card payments are subjected to a processing fee that will automatically be added by the credit card company).

note: the fee charged by the credit card company will be approximately $2.00.

TYPE OF DOCUMENT TO BE SERVED FEE                           

Notice Process
(Summons and complaint with or without attachments,  small claims notices,  eviction summons and complaint,  notice of restitution, citation, subpoena,  orders, etc.)

For more than two parties at an address, the fee is $25  per person
A civil subpoena must be accompanied by witness fee - please contact the Civil Unit for clarification

 $50    1-2 parties (same address)
 $84    3 parties (same address)
 $112  4 parties (same address)
 $140  5 parties (same address)

 $50+ WF                                                                                          

Writs of Garnishment   (If to a bank, include a separate $15.00 search fee to bank)  $25
Writ of Execution in Judgement of Restitution
(Please note that "et al" or "All Other Occupants" is a party to be served)
 $89 plus fees outlined under "Notice Process" above         
Enforcement Actions
(Property seizure, writ, or order of assistance, or writ of  execution). Additional fees may apply.

Real Property
Certificate of Sale $56.00 + Notary fee $10.00

Sheriff’s Deed $56.00 + Notary fee $10.00

Certificate of Redemption $56.00 + Notary fee $10.00





Restraining Orders/Protection Orders No Charge

*For service over 75 miles round trip from Warrenton, the fees are an additional $50.00. This area is Birkenfeld.

Contact the Civil Unit for any questions during business hours on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00pm at:

Phone Contact: (503) 325-8653

Fax: (503) 325-8675

Email Contact: sheriff [at] () 


For Legal Advice, Contact an Attorney

By law, the Civil Unit is not permitted to give legal advice.  Please consult an attorney for any legal guidance.  You may also wish to contact the Oregon State Bar at 503-620-0222 or