In partnership with Clatsop Community Action, Clatsop County's Veteran Services Program provides a wide range of free services to all U.S. veterans and their spouses, survivors, and children who reside in Clatsop County.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive VA benefits counseling
- Assistance with VA health care enrollment
- Claims preparation and submission
- Claims follow-up to ensure final decisions
- Initiate and develop appeals on unfavorable VA decisions when appropriate to include representation at VA Hearings
- Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies
Helpful Resources from the VA:
Turn Your Lights Green for Veterans!
For the second year, Clatsop County is joining the National Association of Counties (NACo), the National Association of County Veteran Service Officers (NACVSO), and other counties across the United States in Operation Green Light.
From Monday, November 6 to Sunday, November 12, 2023 we are illuminating all County buildings green in support of our veterans.
Along with lighting County buildings, we invite residents, businesses, and community partners to help us show veterans that they are seen, appreciated, and supported by changing one light bulb outside their building or place of residence to a green bulb.
Free green light bulbs are available at Clatsop County (800 Exchange St. Suite 410, Astoria, OR 97103). Limited quantities will be available.
Come November, make sure to share your participation on social media using the hashtag #OperationGreenLight.
Select the slideshow image above to view pictures of last year’s green lights.