The following forms may be required by candidates -
The candidate is not required to file a Statement of Organization for Candidate Committee, file campaign finance reports, or establish a campaign account if ALL THREE of the following conditions are met:
- the candidate serves as the candidate’s own treasurer
- the candidate does not have an existing candidate committee, AND
- the candidate does not expect to receive or spend more than $750 for the entire election.
However, if at any time the candidate exceeds $750 in either contributions or expenditures, the candidate must establish a campaign account and file a Statement of Organization within three business days, by filing the following forms with the Secretary of State office:
- SEL 220, Statement of Organization for Candidate Committee
- SEL 223, Campaign Account Information
All SEL forms can also be found on the Secretary of State Elections Division’s website that are fillable PDF forms for your convenience at https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/electionforms.aspx .
All Statements of Organization, Campaign Account Information and detailed campaign finance transactions must be filed electronically with the Secretary of State’s Election Division, through the online filing system, ORESTAR.
For more information or questions regarding Campaign Finance or ORESTAR, contact the Secretary of State Office at 503-986-1518 or view their website at https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/orestar.aspx.