Donate cash. The Clatsop County Animal Shelter Enhancement Fund is used to enhance adoptions of animals and for capital and other one-time improvements at the shelter. The Board of Commissioners reviews and approves expenditures. An outdoor dog run was recently built with monies for the fund. Donations to the enhancement fund are tax-deductible. Donations can be dropped off or mailed to the Clatsop County Animal Shelter, 1315 SE 19th St., Warrenton, OR 97146.
Donate supplies. Donations of high-quality name brand pet food, pet toys and supplies help keep the shelter running. We need to keep the animals on a consistent and high-quality diet. Bring donations to the Clatsop County Animal Shelter at 1315 SE 19th St., Warrenton, Oregon. We are open every Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. (closed holidays). We’ll prepare a receipt for you.
Typical supplies needed:
- Cat litter -- Kirkland brand clumping or Feline Pine brand
- Dry cat food - Kirkland Costco brand preferred
- Canned food (any brand)
- Kitten food
- Dog food - Nature's Domain turkey and sweet potato or salmon and sweet potato
- Dog biscuits
- Cat toys (no catnip)
- Large black Kongs
- Tennis balls
- Outdoor heavy-duty trash bags
- Tall kitchen trash bags (13 gallon)
- High energy laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- Cotton-tipped swabs
- Heating pads
- Petromalt (Hairball Remover)
- Old towels and blankets
Here’s a tail-wagging idea: Have guests bring an item for the Animal Shelter to your next birthday party, office celebration, holiday event or organization’s meeting.