Records Research

There are three ways you may view a recorded document: online, in person or by email/U.S. mail.


You can search online for a document that has been recorded in Clatsop County. Once you find the document you are looking for, you may request a copy without paying a research fee. Just select "Locate a Document" on the menu. 

In Person

You may view documents from 1995 to present on our public terminals in our office free of charge. Our staff will help you get started using the equipment and show you how to find your information. We are located on the second floor of the Public Services Building at 820 Exchange St., in Astoria.


You may mail/email your record request. 

  • By Mail: Complete the request form and make your check payable to: Clatsop County Clerk. Our mailing address is: Clatsop County Clerk, 820 Exchange St., Suite 220, Astoria, Oregon 97103. Important: Make sure you include the Document Number and the year of recordation.
  • By Email: Send your request to clerk [at] (). Payment must be made by credit/debit card.  We only can process your request with the correct payment.
Research Request

If you are requesting a copy of a current deed from 1995 to present and you do not have the reference number, our staff can search for it by book and page number of the deed book, or name of grantee or grantor and approximate recording date.

Please allow up to 24 hours to complete a research request. If you need it sooner, please contact our office directly. Please see fees listed on Records Research/Copy Request Form

Recorded Document Request

You may request a recorded document with our online form. Please note that there may be fees to complete your request. We will let you know the estimated fee before beginning work on your request.