If you need an interpreter/translator for written and/or oral communication, please bring one with you. We do not have anyone in this office who speaks Spanish.
¡INFORMACION IMPORTANTE!: Tendra que comunicarse y llenar formas en Ingles. Si usted necesita un intérprete pro favor traiga a alguen con usted que pueda interpretarle. No tenemos personal bilingüe.
Apply at least 3 days, but not more than 60 days, prior to the ceremony date.
Marriage Licenses are issued Monday - Friday between 8:30am - 4:00pm
- There is a 3-day waiting period before the license may be used
- Once the waiting period has passed, the license is valid for 60-days
- The waiting period may be waived under certain circumstances at the discretion of the County Clerk or a Judge for an additional fee of $20.00. Contact the Clerk's office for more information.
After the Wedding:
- Within 5 days following the date of your wedding ceremony, your completed marriage license must be returned to the Clerk's office for recording
- As part of your marriage license packet, you will receive an embossed memento marriage certificate for the bride and groom. This is not a legal marriage record.
- To request a certified copy of your license, please submit the form below to the Clatsop County Clerk's office with the applicable fee.
The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles and the Social Security Administration will require a certified copy of your marriage record to process a name change.