If you need an interpreter/translator for written and/or oral communication, please bring one with you. We do not have anyone in this office who speaks Spanish.
¡INFORMACION IMPORTANTE!: Tendra que comunicarse y llenar formas en Ingles. Si usted necesita un intérprete pro favor traiga a alguen con usted que pueda interpretarle. No tenemos personal bilingüe.
There are 2 ways to obtain a marriage license:
- If you live out of state, request an application by mail by calling (503) 325-8511 or email a request with your mailing address to clerk [at] clatsopcounty.gov
- Schedule an appointment to complete the application in person. Allow approximately 20 minutes. Required if a 3-day waiting period waiver is needed.
Marriage Licenses are issued Monday - Friday between 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Valid identification is required for each applicant
- Both parties must be 18 years old (or 17 years old with parental or legal guardian’s consent)
- Medical examinations and blood tests are not required
- Oregon State does not allow a marriage of first cousins or nearer kin
- A license can be issued on the day after the final date of divorce
- There is a 3-day waiting period before the license may be used
- Once the waiting period has passed, the license is valid for 60-days
- The waiting period may be waived, contact the Clerk's office for more information
Cost of License:
- The non-refundable fee to activate a marriage license is $60.00
- The license is not valid until the activation fee has been paid
- Check/money orders should be made payable to Clatsop County Clerk. Cash, credit and debit cards are also accepted
- Marriage parties will need to identify on the application the legal names they will take after the ceremony
- Ordained officiants do not register with the state or county prior to performing a marriage ceremony
Both parties must sign the license and the required fees must be paid before your marriage ceremony. The license is not valid until activated. The activated license will be given to you in a packet to take to the marriage ceremony.