Mail Address: 800 Exchange Street, Suite 410, Astoria, OR 97103
Phone: (503) 741-1715
Email: lthompson [at] ClatsopCounty.gov
Lianne Thompson was elected to the Board of Commissioners in 2014, reelected in 2018 and reelected in 2022 to a four-year term that expires in December 2026.
Thompson represents District 5, which covers southern Clatsop County including Cannon Beach, Arch Cape, Elsie, Hamlet and Jewell and portions of Seaside.
A native of Michigan, Thompson received a Bachelor’s degree in humanities from Michigan State University and a Master’s degree in social work from the University of Michigan. She is active in a number of community organizations, including the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program, and served on the Clatsop County Planning Commission.
- Association of Oregon Counties (AOC) - District 7 - Chair
- AOC Budget and Finance Committee - Vice-Chair
- AOC Local Government Advisory Committee
- AOC Membership Committee - Co-Chair
- Business Oregon Seismic Rehabilitation Grant Allocation Committee
- Columbia-Pacific Economic Development District (Col-Pac) - Chair
- Community Action Team (CAT) - Chair
- Northwest Area Commission on Transportation (NWACT) - Chair
- Northwest Oregon Economic Alliance (NOEA)
- State Emergency Response Commission - State Fire Marshal - Vice-Chair