For the November 7, 2023 Regular Election, Clatsop County Clerk and Elections Office will again provide live, online video streaming of its processing of local ballots, from the verifying of signatures through to the actual count.
The live feed will begin once the schedule is created for the upcoming November Regular District election. Activities that will be live-streamed are:
- Receiving of ballots at the Clerk and Elections Office
- Scanning of ballots – election staff scan ballots to log them in as received, and to capture an image of the ballot envelope
- Signature verification – elections staff compares signature on ballot envelope to voter’s registration card
Beginning the day ballots are opened (date to be scheduled), the video stream will also show ballot-processing at the Judge Boyington Building. Activities that will be shown are:
- Ballot opening – elections staff remove ballots from envelope, check ballots for damage that may make them unreadable for the ballot counter
- Vote scanning – ballots are run through ballot-counting machine.
The video feed will be live through a date range once the schedule is made for the upcoming November Regular District election. The video feed will continue to show ballot processing and counting after Election Day until all qualified ballots are counted.
Please note: The video feed may show extended periods with no activity. This is because ballots are processed as they are delivered to the Clerk and Elections Office.